DATA PROTECTION ACT
We are registered under the data protection act ref. ZA172598 and have an appointed data controller. Our team are trained regularly and keep up to date with the latest legal requirements.
The data protection act is there to control how an individual’s personal information is used by businesses, organisations and the government. There are strict rules in place that everyone responsible for using data has to follow, these are called ‘data protection principles’. This means that they must make sure the information is:
- Used fairly and lawfully.
- Used for limited and specific stated purposes.
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- The information is accurate.
- The information is kept no longer than is necessary.
- Kept safe and secure.
- Not to be used outside of the UK without adequate protection.
You can find more information in: